Many of us used to visit shopping malls and grab our branded tomato sauces just to save time.But do you know that making sauce at home is quite easy and less time consuming process so reacting to this statement many of you will then definately ask about How Do I Make Good Tomato Sauce at home.As the title suggests, this homemade tomato sauce recipe is quick and easy to make, and it requires just a handful of ingredients, making it affordable as well. We’ve steadfastly abide by the motto “homemade is better than store-bought,” and that’s precisely the case with this tomato sauce.As we know that this recipe is fresh, tangy and is so quick and easy to make at home with just a little simmering and has so many uses! One can of whole tomatoes, some onion, garlic, herbs, seasonings and it’s ready in no time! This is the perfect addition to all of your tomato-based recipes needing tomato sauce.A good tomato sauce is the foundation for so many wonderful dishes — pizza, pasta, chicken, and fish.
Home Made Tomato Sauce
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Total Time: 45 min
Serving: 5 to 6 servings
Ingredients For query (how do i make good tomato sauce)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion,chopped
- 1 small carrot or 1/2 large carrot,chopped
- 1 small rib celery, including the green tops,chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 can whole tomatoes, including the juice, or 1 3/4 pound fresh tomatoes p[eeled seeded, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Process Of Making homemade tomato Sauce
- Add Onion, Carrot,Celery and parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large utensil on medium heat.Add the chopped onion, carrot, celery and parsley and stir to coat.Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are softened and cooked through.
- Remove cover and add the chopped garlic. Increase the heat to medium high. Cook for garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes,tomato paste,salt,pepper and then simmer them all,and try to mash up all the ingredients so as to form a paste with the help of your fingers and palm.
- If you think that the paste is not that much pure as the redimix sauce is to be than you can crush them in a mixer griender to gain more paste.
- Simmer to thicken to desired consistency.
- If you don’t have fresh herbs on hand, they can be substituted for dried ones. Dried parsley has next to no flavor so I suggest using oregano in its place.
- Baking soda neutralizes acidity. To save bitter tomato sauce, add a pinch of baking soda at a time (tasting in between) until the acidity disappears.
- This recipe can be made ahead and refrigerated for two days
- Try adding 1-2 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar with the spices, for a different flavor.
The acidity of tomatoes can vary based on brand. If your tomato sauce is acidic, add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar or 1/4 cup grated carrots.
- Serve over whole grain pasta. Or, use in place of canned tomato sauce in other recipes.
- Sauce can be left slightly chunky or blended smooth with a hand blender or a blender.
If using a blender, be sure not to place the lid on tightly or the steam could cause it to burst open.
QUES:1 How do I make good tomato sauce?
ANS:Everything tastes better with some sautéed garlic and onions. Sauté finely chopped onions and garlic in olive oil until fragrant and golden, then add the sauce and let it simmer so the flavors can meld together.
QUES2:What is basic tomato sauce made of?
ANS:A traditional marinara has tomatoes, garlic, and basil. Tomato sauce has more ingredients including onions, carrots, celery, and additional seasonings. Any recipe that calls for marinara can also use tomato sauce, although it will alter the flavor slightly.
QUES3:Is sugar necessary for tomato sauce?
ANS:The reason for sprinkling a pinch of sugar into a simmering saucepan of tomatoes is simple: sugar cuts the acidity of the tomatoes and creates an overall more balanced sauce. The exact acid levels in tomatoes can vary quite a bit depending on whether they’re fresh or canned, the tomato variety, and the time of year
QUES4:Why add butter to tomato sauce?
ANS:If you’ve never tried it before, it might seem strange, but a little butter makes tomato sauce rich and smooth, and also balances out too much acidity, which is common in jarred sauces.
QUES5:What is the most popular tomato sauce?
ANS:With authentic Italian flavors and rich and creamy textures, it’s no surprise that Classico ranks as the largest tomato sauce brand in the world in terms of total annual revenue.